Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Change in Attitude by Margot Justes

I'm going through a change-no, not that change-a change in attitude.

I'm cleaning house, getting rid of stuff I no longer need or use, and Amvets is a frequent visitor. In the process I'm simplifying my life.

I no longer find kitchen utensils enticing, cookbooks no longer viable, because all I do is look at the recipes and all the pretty pictures, and say hmm, that looks delicious and that's it,

I'm done with said cookbook.

Shoes are still a problem...today I went chocolate shopping for my daughter for Easter, came home with no chocolate but bought a sexy pair of shoes. Somethings you just can't give up. I still need to get that chocolate.

But I noticed something else too, things are a whole lot less important than they used to be. I put clean sheets on the bed and realized that the fitted sheet was on the bed inside out. In the 'old' days I would have re-made the bed, now I just mumbled to myself -the sheets are clean, we're good.

It's comforting to go with the flow, there are fewer hassles and as long as I have the ability to learn and appreciate new things, and in the process challenge myself...that indeed is excellent.

Till next time,
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com

No comments: