Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Taste of Italy by Margot Justes

Susan Miura and I will be doing our first library event A Taste of Italy on Monday May 24th at the Elk Grove Library, 1001 Wellington Ave Elk Grove, IL 60007 7:00 pm.

It's a travel show and discussion along with a sampling of Italian food. I found Italian cookies and coffee flavored hard candy at Joe Caputo and Sons, our local grocery food store that carries many international products. I love going there just to see what's new.

I was especially thrilled to find coffee flavored candy, the Italians love their coffee as I do. Since I wasn't going to lug my Nespresso machine to make coffee, the candy was good enough. I am seriously considering getting one of those portable Nespresso machines. Really, really seriously considering it. I can even rationalize it, after all it's for work. Hmm. The reasoning is beginning to sound better and better.

My favorite all stop shop, Costco has a selection of Italian cheeses and I'll need to get some crackers and of course Pellegrino. In case you didn't know May is gelatto month, of course gelatto will be served.

We'll have a good time and short of taking a trip to Italy, this is the next best thing.

Till next time,
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com
A Hotel in Paris

No comments: