Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bowling and Car Wash by Margot Justes

I usually try to save my weekends for writing, but today was munchkin and errands day.

This morning was spent watching my kiddies bowl. My grandson can spin the ball and it somehow winds up in the middle and he hits the pins, more often than not, gets a strike. That is pretty much it for my bowling terminology...I know 'gutter ball' and 'pins' too. I know it's a good thing when the pins fall. Can you tell I don't bowl? Anthony is only seven and knows what he's doing.
The little slugger is a leftie and great in baseball too. I know next to nothing about baseball, but I've seen him hit, and I know when the bat and ball meet, and ball is flung far away it's a good thing. Most of the time.

My granddaughter is a wonderful bowler too, and was trying to get used to a new ball today. Sydney also loves volleyball and belongs to a league.
After bowling and breakfast, we ran a few errands that culminated with cheap, defined by-least expensive and out of Cook county, lower tax rate-gas.  I only needed seven gallons, and the gas on sale was eight cents cheaper if I paid for a six dollar car wash. Now, here is the smart move, I got the gas along with the car wash and essentially wound up paying almost four dollars per gallon for gas.

Did I forget to mention that it was snowing, and sleeting at the time? It was. I pulled out of the car wash, made sure the car was dried really well, and continued home in the slush.
Really good thing I got my car washed and saved all that money on the gasoline.

Cheers,  
Margot Justes
A Hotel in Paris
Hearts & Daggers
Hot Crimes Cool Chicks
and coming soon A Hotel in Bath
www.mjustes.com

 

No comments: