Saturday, December 1, 2012

Holiday Traditions by Margot Justes


The munchkins (aka granddaughter and grandson) are spending the weekend. It's our time to decorate trees and gingerbread houses, bake cookies and make floral arrangements. All of which they'll take home with them. Afterward I'll clean up, take a deep breath and say 'that was so much fun. I'm soooo tired.'  It's the best feeling ever.
I'm eliminating all the little decorations and sticking to stuff that is easily stored. My way of downsizing, but still keeping the holiday spirit.   

Growing up I didn't have many traditions, or special set-aside days. With my own girls, I established long standing rituals. Fortunately to this day, my very adult  daughters are keeping them up. It's nice to see.
I think traditions are important; they form long lasting memories, and time is set aside to appreciate family and friends, at least during the holiday season. Hopefully more often than that, but at least during the holidays that special time is there.

In this day where everyone is working long hours, keeping a family together, running from one place to another, it's important to take time out and just relax and appreciate those around us.
I'm grateful for my family and friends.  Now, I have to prepare for the whirlwind that is scheduled to arrive in fifteen minutes, namely Sydney and Anthony.

Cheers,
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com
A Hotel in Paris
Hearts & Daggers
Hot Crimes, Cool Chicks
and coming soon A Hotel in Bath

No comments: